Adopted + Mountain People + Pray
Points to pray on behalf of our adopted Mountain People
On May 24, 2015, Ridgecrest adopted two people groups, the Phunoi and the Akha, who live in SE Asia. Upon doing this, we agreed -- as a church -- to show them the Light of Jesus. Pastor Chad said, "Maybe we can't all go, but we can pray. We can give financially."
Many of you took magnets and wrist bands as reminders to pray for these people. Our missions pastor, James Copeland, has shared, below, ways in which EACH OF US can pray on behalf of our adopted people groups.
1. Pray for God to soften and prepare hearts to hear the Gospel.
2. Pray for God to raise up people among the Mountain People who will be curious and interested in hearing the story of the Gospel.
3. Pray for opportunities for Scripture translation among these people.
4. Pray for God to send workers to these people.
5. Pray for wisdom for Ridgecrest, as we develop methods of presenting the Gospel to the Mountain People.
6. Pray for finances to be readily available to send teams to Southeast Asia.
7. Pray for God to begin working in the hearts of some who could one day come to know Jesus, and lead others in the villages to Jesus.
8. Pray that God will open the hearts of the governmental leaders to the Gospel.
9. Ask the Lord to bring forth a triumphant church among the mountain people for the glory of His name.
10. Pray that Ridgecrest #rbcMissions teams will have favor with the government, as well as with the people in the villages.
11. Pray for the development of "The Hope" video project, as this will make it possible for many to hear the Gospel.
12. Pray for God to prepare people from Ridgecrest to go to the Mountain People, whether short-term or long-term.
13. Pray for many Mountain People to respond to the message of the Gospel.
14. Pray against the darkness of Buddhism and tribal religions, that the truth of the Gospel would shine brightly.